I progetti delle classi
Questa sezione è dedicata ai Progetti e agli Eventi promossi e svolti dalla Scuola.
Magliette personalizzate SAFFO per tutti gli studenti del Liceo
Realizzate per l'a.s. 2022/2023 le magliette personalizzate SAFFO che verranno consegnate nei prossimi giorni a tutti gli studenti del Polo Liceale Statale Saffo. L'iniziativa, voluta dagli studenti e poi approvata dal Collegio Docenti e dal Consiglio di Istituto, vuole rafforzare il sentimento di appartenenza fuori e dentro la scuola.
Teacher Training a Puerto de la Cruz #Erasmus+
Four teachers took part in the teacher training course “Effective Classroom Management Strategies for teachers and education staff”, held in Puerto de La Cruz, Tenerife, from 4th to 10th October 2023, within our K121 mobility programme.
In order to better achieve their teaching goals, effective teachers should also act as effective classroom managers. Classroom management skills are essential even for the most talented teacher: learning simply cannot occur alongside misbehavior and chaos. Instruction flourishes upon leading a classroom environment that promotes a collaborative community,encouraging student voice, creativity, leadership, critical thinking and effective teamwork. In a successful classroom management, children and students' needs are at the heart of the teaching process.
By taking part in this course, you will learn how to include reflective moments and peer-education in your teaching practice in order to monitor and improve motivation and classroom behaviors. At the end of the course, you will be able to implement modern pro-active practices including the Flipped Classroom approach and set up a classroom structure based on a positive, accepting, inclusive, motivated, engaging, and safe learning environment in order to improve your teaching skills and ease your tasks in the classroom.
This structured course allows participants to develop their classroom management skills by using interactive, engaging techniques and reflective methods in order to resolve conflicts and create a positive and safe learning environment. Participants will also learn how to structure and deliver their teaching in a more practical, impactful and effective way.
The general aim of this course is to foster excellence and innovation in education by equipping teachers and education staff with the basic knowledge and skills about classroom management activities and how to include them in their education programmes.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Learn and practice reflective tools for establishing common rules and develop conflict management and resolution skills;
- Develop working methods and approaches for building positive and welcoming environment;
- Analyze and improve current practices to develop a student-centered teaching approach;
- Get to know and experiment practical activities, ICT tools and cooperative techniques to use for interactivelearning opportunities;
- Learn about the Flipped Classroom approach and concrete strategies to adopt it;
- Develop classroom management methods for personal, social and relational development (e.g. self-confidence, team building, leadership...);
- Exchange best practices and share experiences about classroom management with teachers and education staff coming throughout Europe;
- Network with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe through everyday cooperation and team-building activities.
This course is addressed to teachers, trainers, educational counsellors, career counsellors, school psychologists, headmasters, school management and administrative staff working in primary schools, secondary schools, vocational schools, training centres, adult education schools, higher education and NGOs.
Networking and cultural activities in the venue city
- Team building exercises
- Basic concepts and principles about classroom management
- Reflection and analysis of current teaching practices and how to improve them
- The role of Social Emotional Learning in the reaching effective collaboration
- Creating a Supportive Classroom by differentiating instruction for students
- Practical work: testing student-centered techniques and games
- Cultural activities in the venue city
- Practicing and delivering collaborative learning tools
- Strategies for collaborative work and peer-education
- Visit outside the venue city (El Teide)
- Testing tools and activities using the flipped classroom method
- Practices and designing activities for a flipped classroom
- Practical activities for managing conflict
- Cultivating a Growth Mindset
- Non formal reflecting methods as tools for self-reflection and peer-feedback
- How to resolve conflict situations: ideas and best practices for conflict management
Day 7 Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
Validation of learning outcomes and certification ceremony
Cultural activities or additional guided visits ù
The standard methodology is highly practical and participative with hands-on approach that comprises real-job examples, case studies examination and simulations. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants.
To ensure the hand-on approach the participants will be divided in group and will work on a real application form in order to acquire concrete skills on how to design and apply for a EU-funded project.
The trainers make extensive use of evidence-based examples and experiences. Every day to assimilate and deepen the concepts successful projects will be presented and analyzed by the trainers and by others experts invited to bring their real accounts. Every day there is daily session dedicated to cooperative design and writing simulation in groups. With the support of the trainers at the end of the course each team will have developed a first draft of a European project.
The training and staff team is multinational thus giving a full European dimension to the course.
IES NEWTON SALAS Villanueva de la Torre, Guadalajara, Spain
IES NEWTON SALAS Villanueva de la Torre, Guadalajara, Spain
Mobilità in ingresso 26/03/2023 - 01/04/2023
Dal 26 Marzo al 1 Aprile 2023, abbiamo avuto il piacere di ospitare un gruppo di 10 alunni e due docenti accompagnatori provenienti da Villanueva de La Torre, Guadalajara, vicino Madrid.
Il gruppo è stato ospitato dalle famiglie dei nostri alunni e ha avuto modo di vivere una settimana densa di esperienze, a scuola e sul territorio rosetano, con il filo conduttore delle tematiche ambientali e del riciclo dei rifiuti.
Le prof.sse Alessandra Di Giacomantonio e Julie Costantini hanno curato nei minimi dettagli le varie attività. Dopo l'accoglienza del nostro Dirigente Scolastico, presso l’aula Confucio,
I ragazzi sono stati ricevuti anche da Mario Nugnes, sindaco della nostra cittadina, presso il Municipio di Roseto degli Abruzzi
Attività ambientali: visite guidate alla Riserva del Borsacchio, alla Riserva Marina della Torre del Cerrano e presso l’azienda di raccolta rifiuti di Diodoro e Adriatica Ecologia, dove si realizza olio rigenerato da olii esausti.